Knights of Columbus Lenten Food Drive
As part of the Knights of Columbus’ Food for Families program, the Knights at St. Andrew by the Bay are conducting a Lenten Food Drive in coordination with this year’s Scouting For Food on the Broadneck Peninsula for My Brother’s Pantry.
Non-perishable and non-expired food items may be brought to the crib in the church narthex anytime M-F 8:30am-4:30pm and on Friday evening during the Food Truck and Stations of the Cross.
Items of great need:
- Canned fruits
- Canned meats and seafood (chicken or tuna, low-sodium or packed in water)
- Low-sodium canned beans such as kidney or black beans
- Shelf stable milk or non-dairy alternatives like soy and almond milk
- Whole-wheat pasta
- Brown or wild rice
- Whole-grain low sugar cereals
- Rolled oats
- Personal care items such as toothpaste and bar soap
The words of Matthew Chapter 35, “For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat", seem even more relevant in these times of great need: Thank you for your generosity and sacrifice and insuring those in our community in greatest need will not go hungry.