Volunteering in Children’s Faith Formation
Are you looking…
- for a way to serve our parish?
- make a difference?
- share your faith with those who are the future of what SABB is to be?
- to see God in the faces of our Parish children?
- to experience joy in your faith?
Volunteering in a PREP class…
Our Faith Formation program runs on volunteers in the classrooms during our PREP sessions (Sundays at 8am and 10am, Mondays at 5pm). Each of our 28 classes needs both a catechist (teacher) and an aide. To keep things going smoothly each week, our program also heavily relies on substitutes that are available to be in the classroom if one of our weekly volunteers is unable to be there. If you are looking for a way to connect with kids and journey with them through their faith formation, this is a great place to give your time.
Volunteering for events…
Are you unable to be there during the PREP class times, but still want to interact with the Parish children as they follow Jesus? Our program has many events that require chaperones. A few of these include; Sacramental Retreats, Dove Service Trips, and Vacation Bible Camp.
Helping from home…
If you would like to give your time to our program within your schedule at home, we would love to know! There are events that require cutting, material preparation, or even helping to think and plan for fun activities with the kids in their various ages and groups.
In order to work with children in our Parish, volunteers over 14 must be trained and certified:
- Anyone over 18 must be Virtus trained and certified. This is done entirely online, but can take 3 to 4 weeks for your certification to be processed through the Archdiocese of Baltimore. Follow this link for instructions and to be directed to the Virtus website: VIRTUS Volunteer
- Anyone between the ages of 14 through 17 must receive the Worthy of the Call Training. Please call Jen Minor at 410-974-4366 to set up an appointment to watch the 45 minute video and complete certification.