Bringing comfort and healing to the grieving, we validate the reality of every person who comes to us. We will serve whenever and wherever we are needed, with the help of God.
For support, or to serve in this ministry, please contact Stephany Crane at 410-974-4366.
At the Time of Death:
- Assistance in planning the funeral liturgy
- Help with a funeral reception when possible
- Compassionate listening and supportive presence
- Information about grief and suggestions to help families
Serving through the time of Bereavement:
- An Evening of Prayer and Remembrance each November to honor our deceased loved ones
- Bereavement education/support groups open to the community at large: Ongoing group meets monthly offsite. Intensive 8-week group meets each fall and spring.
- One-on-one companioning
- A library of material on grief-related subjects
And specifically for those suffering pregnancy loss:
- Blessing of parents
- Special services for unbaptized children lost to miscarriage or stillbirth. (You have a right to grieve the loss of your baby whether your child died at 2 months, 6 months, or full term.)
Support Groups & More
No groups meeting at this time due to COVID19. Contact us to talk with someone.
Facilitators: Marlene Monaghan and Stephany Crane
Contact: Stephany Crane, 410-974-4366
Finding Our Way
1st and 3rd Wednesday afternoons, Offsite
Find ongoing fellowship for the long-term everyday challenges of bereavement.
FALL Bereavement Education / Support Group
Find support and comfort, and learn about the hard work of grief in this 8 week offering. We use Dr. Alan Wolfelt’s book, Understanding Your Grief: Ten Essential Touchstones for Finding Hope and Healing in your Heart.
Cost for the book, $25. (But no one will be turned away for inability to pay.)
Service of Prayer and Remembrance
Join us as we support and pray for one another, and remember and celebrate the lives of our deceased loved ones. Their names will be read aloud during the prayer service. In addition, we will lovingly display photos and mementos of them in the sanctuary. You are invited to bring a photo or memento with you on the evening of the service. It will be suitably cared for, and returned to you before you leave.
Spring Daytime Bereavement Education / Support Group